Headlines
Loading...
The Worst Thing About The Samsung Galaxy Fold

The Worst Thing About The Samsung Galaxy Fold

The Worst Thing About The Samsung Galaxy Fold
The Worst Thing About The Samsung Galaxy Fold

  • The Worst Thing About The Samsung Galaxy Fold
  • when it's folded the front has a four point six inch 21 by nine AMOLED display a 10 megapixel selfie camera and all the hardware you need to make phone

  • calls while on the back there's a triple camera setup with a telephoto wide and ultra wide lens but when you open the phone up that  is when the magic

  • happens one continuous seven point three inch display with 362 pixels per inch and a four point two by three aspect ratio there we go now I will admit that

  • the crease was distracting for me at first but I've been using this phone for almost two weeks now and at this point I barely notice it especially in dimmer

  • environments when the background image is displaying something bright or when I'm viewing it straight on watching video content on this thing is badass thanks in part to the stereo

  • speakers it really is like having a tablet in your pocket except that it's still useful once the show ends and the large screen puts productivity through the roof because

  • even if you don't use the super intuitive controls to open up and switch between up to three apps at once it still makes even fullscreen basic things like controlling

  • a remote desktop through TeamViewer or using a website that wasn't built for mobile way easier the folding screen does have a couple drawbacks though while the smaller display on

  • the front is glass and therefore feels totally normal by 2019 standards glass don't fold so the big screen is a soft plastic with a higher friction feel and theto grab on to junk that's not easy to wipe away especially if you don't want to risk you know using your fingernail to take it away and then accidentally

  • scratching the screen but the bigger issue literally is the gigantic and in my opinion completely unnecessary knotch it contains cameras five and six but it makes swiping down notifications

  • more diff if you're right-handed like me while cutting deep into your full screen content now I will admit that there are benefits to having these cameras accompany the main

  • screen because it makes taking selfies way better and to change your screen into a really nice foldable pocket mirror which happens to be a common use case but as

  • someone who rarely does either of those things I would much rather lose those cameras and the knotch and the extra price that I paid for them and just have

  • all the cameras on the outside of the phone then open it up if I want to preview an image speaking of the outside I ended up using the outer screen a lot less frequently than I originally anticipated seeing is it's a fully featured screen opening

  • the phone all the way really does take some extra effort and holding the unfolded fold one handed felt white unwieldy at first while there was a learning curve for

  • me I actually now find that even one of my small hands can hold and use the phone stabili as long as I'm not trying to do anything complicated like

  • reach all the way across it combined that with how limiting such a small screen can be especially once you're used to a big one and the fact that using

  • this thick and heavy chocolate bar one-handed is itself actually kind of tricky because of its thickness and the end result is I basically only ended up using the front

  • screen when I was gonna dictate a message to someone or when I wanted to close up the Google map search I just did and like put it in my

  • phone holder on my windshield actually overall this is kind of crazy the fold made me use my phone less as a whole the extra time that it takes to

  • open it has nudged me to use my phone more intentionally with less time spent just idly scrolling stuff that I didn't really want to read anyway and fewer instances

  • of just mindlessly taking it out of my pocket when I'm like waiting for an elevator it's counterintuitive but the phone made the time that I spent on my phone

  • better without compelling me to spend more time using it with one notable exception this thing has actually gotten be reading more because the Kindle app on it is so

  • awesome I mean I've said it a couple times now but it's like having a folding tablet in your pocket which brings us I guess to the software experience as

  • a whole which is aside from the Kindle app a bit of a mixed bag this is the only device of its kind and Samsung is doing their best but

  • they still have to rely on third parties to optimize for it some apps like Google Maps are really great at keeping continuity as you transition between screens which is

  • something that you can configure on an app by app basis but others are completely unable to resize themselves while they're running and need to be restarted it's a little

  • annoying typing is a bit of a different experience as well now Samsung did a fantastic job of designing a split keyboard that's really smooth to type on in fact

  • it was one of my favorite things about the device until I realized that no I in fact still do not like Samsung's prediction but if you want to load

  • up a custom board you're kind of rolling the dice G board no longer supports a split mode and SwiftKey which is my preferred third-party keyboard does support a split

  • mode but the keys are ortho linear which takes a little bit of getting used to so does the price tag at 1980 US dollars this thing costs more than

  • a lot of people's cars it is really expensive it is $500 more than even the most tricked-out it is $500 more than even the most tricked-out iPhone 11 pro

  • max which by the way we did review so go check that out and yet I don't think Samsung is being entirely unreasonable here not only are you getting more

  • hardware than any other device like for real basically three screens six cameras and a pair of wireless earbuds in the box and not only to sense need to and

  • deserve to be compensated for all the R&D that it took to bring this thing to market but the fold also delivers experiences that you are not going to get

  • on any other phone like this is the first phone that I thought maybe when I'm on the plane I don't need something with a bigger screen as long as

  • I don't need to do too much typing is it a first-gen product yeah they need to lessen the crease I would love it if the fingerprint reader and the

  • lock button were combined into one and an official IP rating would be really nice to have at this point not to mention that the accessories ecosystem needs to catch

  • up so I can like mount it to my dashboard and get you know a variety of cases that make any sense but overall I'm super impressed with what Samsung

  • has accomplished here with the fold and I'm looking forwardto all the copycat devices trying to emulate this form factor in the coming years

0 Comments:

please do not share any spam link in comment box Thanks: